Timeless Scandinavia (Summer 2018)
Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2018
Follow in the footsteps of the Vikings, as you uncover the innovative spirit, natural beauty and rich culture of Scandinavia. You'll learn about nautical heritage during a private canal cruise in multi-coloured Gothenburg, appreciate cutting-edge architecture in pristine cities such as Copenhagen and stand in awe of deep and magnificent fjords. This legendary journey beautifully blends bold tales of the past with slick contemporary design and outstanding natural gems. See how you travel like a VIP with Luxury Gold
- Stockholm: Enjoy a fusion of contemporary international and seasonal cuisine at your hotel's famous Dining Room restaurant, which has recently been awarded Europe's Best Restaurant in a Hotel at the International Hotel and Property Awards in Italy.
- Stockholm: 11 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 6 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Gothenburg: Cruise through the charming Dutch-style waterways of Gothenburg aboard a private charter and learn about the region's culture and nautical history.
- Stockholm: See a perfectly-preserved warship from the 17th Century at the Vasa Museum in Stockholm and marvel at its vast masts and detailed engravings.
- Bergen: You're invited to visit Troldhaugen, the former summer home of Edvard Grieg. See his villa where he composed his Romantic-era masterpieces and enjoy a moving musical recital, hosted in the museum's chamber music hall.
- Flam Railway: Journey on one of the world's steepest railways through tunnels that spiral in and out of the mountainside of the narrow Flam Valley.
- Geiranger: Explore the majestic Geiranger Fjord aboard an adrenaline-fueled RIB boat cruise or on a guided kayaking expedition past spectacular waterfalls and soaring mountains.
- Oslo: Visit the Hollmenkollen Ski Jump Museum after hours to learn about 4,000 years of skiing history and drink a toast at the top of the ski jump with panoramic views of Oslo.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (407) 461-8805 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867495
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (please ask about our great deals)|
|Day 2||Copenhagen||Welcome to Copenhagen.: On arrival at Copenhagen Airport, meet your Travelling Concierge and transfer to you centrally-located hotel. The rest of the day is at your leisure to relax or perhaps explore some of the nearby attractions, including the world-famous Tivoli Gardens. At 17:30, meet your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner with wine, hosted at a distinctive restaurant in the heart of the city. (Dinner with Wine)|
Royal Hotel, Copenhagen.
|Day 3||Copenhagen||Highlights of Copenhagen.: Home to some of the world's happiest people, cutting-edge architecture and natural splendors; Copenhagen is the perfect introduction to the Nordic culture. Join your Local Expert for an insightful tour of the city, start with seeing Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid gazing out from the harbour. See the Christiansborg Palace, seat of the Danish Government, and the Renaissance Stock Exchange. Finish your exploration with a visit to the Amalienborg Palaces, home to the Danish royal family, including Crown Prince Frederick and Crown Princess Mary. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Perhaps explore the city's cobbled lanes by bicycle, followed by a candle-lit dinner at a trendy cafe? Your Travelling Concierge is available to assist you with dinner reservations. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Royal Hotel, Copenhagen.
|Day 4||Gothenburg||Oresund Bridge and Highlights of Gothenburg.: Travel across the iconic Oresund Bridge and tunnel, spanning the Oresund Strait and connecting Denmark to Sweden. Known for being the longest combined road and rail bridge in Europe, this award-winning 8 kilometre structure offers stunning vistas of land and sea. Your journey continues along Sweden's west coast to the cosmopolitan port city of Gothenburg with a lunch stop en route. On arrival in Gothenburg, step aboard your private charter for a sightseeing cruise through the city's charming Dutch-style waterways. Sail past wharves, shipyards and renowned buildings, while your Local Expert shares insights into the region's culture and nautical history. The evening is at your leisure. Perhaps have dinner at your hotel's award-winning restaurant or head out to the nearby Opera House for an evening performance. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Clarion Hotel Post, Gothenburg.
|Day 5||Stockholm||Cross-country to Stockholm.: Travel cross-country, journeying towards Sweden's capital city, Stockholm. En route, marvel at the sight of stunning Lake Vattern, allegedly home to a monster resembling Loch Ness. On arrival in fashionable Stockholm, check into the elegant hotel At 6, which has recently been awarded Europe's Best Hotel and Best Restaurant in a Hotel at the International Hotel and Property Awards in Italy. (Buffet Breakfast)|
At Six, Stockholm.
|Day 6||Stockholm||Highlights of Stockholm.: Set upon 14 glistening islands, Stockholm is a model city of contemporary design, inspiring museums and extraordinary beauty. Join your Local Expert for an eye-opening tour of the city with visits to the City Hall's marvellous Gyllene salen, the Golden Hall, and the Bla hallen, the Blue Hall,where the Nobel Prize banquets are held every year. Then continue to the medieval island heart of the city to view the cathedral, walk through the Old Town and see the Royal Palace. Your exploration comes to an end at the Vasa Museum, which houses the world-famous Vasa Galleon, a naval vessel that was salvaged from a shipping lane near Stockholm. Step into a world of nautical command, as you marvel at the grandeur of the world's only preserved 17th century ship, complete with intricately-carved decorations. Spend the evening at your leisure, perhaps strolling along Stockholm's promenade and dining at one of its many trendy restaurants. (Buffet Breakfast)|
At Six, Stockholm.
|Day 7||Bergen||Majestic Bergen.: Take in the mesmerising vistas of vast lakes and legendary forests, as you fly from Sweden to Norway bound for the historic port city of Bergen. A favourite destination for travellers, Bergen is a masterpiece of colourful wooden houses, deep fjords and rolling hills. It's also home to a large student population, which brings a lovely vibrancy to the city. Once you've settled into your centrally-located hotel, spend the day at leisure, perhaps taking a stroll along the old Hanseatic Wharf dating back to the 14th century. In the evening meet your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a delicious dinner hosted at a local restaurant. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Oleana, Bergen.
|Day 8||Bergen||Edvard Grieg's Bergen.: Join your Local Expert for an insightful tour of this ancient Hanseatic port city, which still largely looks to the sea for its living. Start with a visit to the picturesque and lively Fish Market, set in a charming location in the heart of the city. Stroll past its many stalls where handicrafts and souvenirs are sold and continue on to the 13th century Haakon's Hall. In the afternoon, you're invited for a special visit to Troldhaugen, the former summer home of Norway's renowned composer and pianist, Edvard Grieg. Situated on a promontory jutting into Lake Nordaas with outstanding views over the water, it offered the composer total tranquillity and inspiration for his music. See his villa, the wooden hut in which he composed his Romantic-era masterpieces, and the site where he and his wife are buried. Your visit concludes with a moving musical recital, hosted in the museum's chamber music hall. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hotel Oleana, Bergen.
|Day 9||Geiranger||The Flam Railway and Geiranger.: Bid farewell to Bergen, as you make your way to the Merdal Station for a journey of a lifetime aboard the historic Flam Railway - an experience most people only dream about! Hailed as one of the world's most beautiful train journeys, the Flam Railway transports you past soaring snow-covered peaks, thundering waterfalls, and dramatic fjords. Marvel at the engineering genius of the railway, covering an impressive height difference of 866 metres. In the afternoon continue on to Geiranger and settle into your hotel set against a backdrop of fabulous fjord scenery and mountains. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 10||Geiranger||Fjord Adventure.: The village of Geiranger is a gateway to dramatic glaciers, fjords and endless hiking trails. Explore this picture-book region on one of two experiences. Your first choice is to embark on an adrenaline-fuelled RIB boat cruise through the Geiranger Fjord. Along the way, you'll marvel at waterfalls and canyons and listen to tales about the people who once lived on the fjord farms. Your second choice is a spectacular guided kayaking adventure through the heart of the fjord. Paddle past quiet coves, magnificent waterfalls and awe-inspiring mountain ranges, as your guide fills you in on the local way of life. Rest assured no previous experience is needed. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 11||Oslo||Cross-country to Oslo.: Enjoy a full day of being driven through the most spectacular scenery imaginable, as you make your way to Oslo. Lush farmlands, towering peaks and deep forests are complimented by picturesque timber cabins and small hamlets. Pass the Olympic town of Lillehammer on your way to Oslo, Norway's design-focused capital city, and settle into your fjord-facing luxury hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure, perhaps relishing a cocktail at your hotel's rooftop bar or heading out to admire the city's impressive architectural skyline. (Buffet Breakfast)|
The Thief, Oslo.
|Day 12||Oslo||Highlights of Oslo.: Oslo is the hidden gem of Scandinavia, boasting everything from cutting-edge design and fascinating museums to a plethora of natural wonders, including fjords, waterways and rolling hills. Gain an insider's perspective during a guided city tour led by a passionate Local Expert. See the medieval spires and ramparts of the harbour-side Akershus Fortress, observe the opulent Royal Palace, and discover Norway's past when you visit the enlightening Viking Ship Museum. Continue to spectacular Frogner Park, where over 200 of Gustav Vigeland's intriguing sculptures are displayed, and see how he expertly portrayed human emotion through every life stage through his craft. In the afternoon, you're invited for an after-hours VIP visit to the Hollmenkollen Ski Jump museum, an iconic symbol of Norway, to explore 4,000 years of skiing history and to drink a toast at the top of the ski jump, while appreciating panoramic views of the city. Round off your memorable journey with a Celebration Dinner and wine at one of Oslo's top restaurants, as you toast to new friendships. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Thief, Oslo.
|Day 13||Oslo||Farewell Oslo.: After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and transfer to the Oslo airport for your onward journey. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Special Small Groups: 6 July departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class